Predictive Sys-Bio Lab
Image: Fitness landscape for an objective function with multiple minima
What we do:
We are interested in how cells work at the systems levels, especially metabolic and protein signaling pathways.
The long term objectives of the labs are:
1. Develop techniques to create reliable quantitative mechanistic models of cellular pathways can could be useful in the clinic.
2. Develop computational tools and standards in qualitative systems biology.
- Leading the Center of Reproducibility in Biomedical Modeling.
- Developing predictive mechanistic models of EGF signalling in cancer.
- Developing high-performance computing environments for desktop and cluster environments.
- Developing user tools for modeling and analysis of pathways.
- developing new modeling strategies for complex systems.
- Understanding the operational characteristics of cellular pathways.